Re: G packet format ...

[Get raw message]

cagney wrote:

: [...]  As part of breaking^D^D^Dfixing this, I'd like to introduce a
: new CLI command that allows the user to specify the G packet (and in
: fact the entire remote protocol numbering) at runtime. [...]

I assume the intent is eventually (soon?) to query the remote target
for its own remote-register-spec string.  After all, it knows best.
If so, is it a possible problem that the specification string of a
large-register-bank machine may itself be so long as to exceed various
packet-size limits?

- FChE