Re: Using gdb with emacs

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> I think it would be reasonable for gdb to do path canonicalization on
> file names.  I think that would let the proposed Emacs change work
> correctly.

The way it used to be was that Gcc would emit two top-level filename
stabs: One for the filename as specified on the command line, and one
for the current working directory.  That lets gdb match the intended
file somewhat intelligently.  It is possible this is broken, in
either gcc or gdb.  Its is also possible that this logic may be
unsupported for some debugging formats.
--
	--Per Bothner