Re: makeinfo problem

> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:39:22 +0900
> From: Kaoru Fukui <k_fukui@highway.ne.jp>
>
> Problem is that.
> My texinfo is texinfo-4.0b-3.src.rpm from rawhide.

Your Texinfo is fine.

> makeinfo  -I ./../../readline/doc -I ./../mi -I . -o ./gdb.info gdb.texinfo
> gdb.texinfo:6326: No matching `@end itemize'.

There's some snafu in the latest version of gdb.texinfo in the CVS on
the trunk.  Jim, it seems that your commit, which created version
1.50, is the culprit: the text you commited is broken, it looks like
some lines just disappeared.  See the fragment below.

In addition, the new Overlays section is not mentioned at all in the
log message.

> ./../../readline/doc/rluser.texinfo:1331: warning: @sc argument all uppercase,
> thus no effect.

This is a known problem with the Readline docs.  We don't maintain
that, so we just inherit what Readline developers produce.  This is
just a warning, and it's harmless.

Here's the part of the Overlays section which causes the trouble.  As
you see, it's completely broken:

Overlays introduce a number of complications:
@itemize bullet

@item
Since you cannot have all your overlays loaded at once,

This will probably overwrite the
previous overlay loaded in that space; you will need to re-load

modify your main program such that, before it calls a function located
in an overlay, it first copies that overlay from the large memory into
the instruction memory.

copy the overlay into
place

want to run which is larger than 64 kilobytes.

  a 64kb instruction address
space.

to run on a system which has a small
amount of memory available from which it can execute machine
instructions, and a large amount of separate data memory,