Re: Why does mips define elf_backend_sign_extend_vma to true?

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:

> > Besides, things aren't broken.  Use a 64-bit BFD and
> > you _should_ get sign-extension for MIPS.
>
> That is wrong for MIPS I/II even if BFD is 64bit for whatever reason.

 Sign-extension is fine.  I think what you really want is to truncate
addresses in the output of certain programs such as nm and objdump to 32
bits if the output BFD is elf32-*mips.  It's on my to-do list for some
time, but don't hold your breath (i.e. feel free to do it yourself ;-) ).