Re: ser-ocd.c gone! What now?

[..]

> The newer release for the Intel Xscale
> processor uses the remote daemon.   The source is there as well.

Probably, I am looking in the wrong place. I cannot find the source code for
OCDemon. All I can find are the modified source files for GDB (
http://www.ocdemon.com/gdb_mods.tgz ).

[..]

> As to GPL, the law is more than just what is written, it is also
> precedent.   In this case the precedent is clearly that GDB interfaces
> with proprietary debug monitors, propriarity drivers, and propriarity
> hardware.   The world is simply not black and white.

I agree. But - unfortunately - this seems not to be the general opinion...

[..]

> I have done the Linux and Solaris work for Macraigor and that includes the
> 405.

Probably, I am looking in the wrong places again, but I cannot find support for
the 405 neither in the GDB main branch nor in the GDB modifications mentioned
above. The register set for the 405 is different than for the 403. I see no 405
specific register set.

- Peter