Remote Debugger

Hi everybody ,

I am porting GDB for an hypothetical processor.
It is a remote debugger that is., the processor is  connected to the host machine via serial port.
As a part of it i am writing the following files remote-hypo.c and hypo-tdep.c &tm-hypo.h.

Can somebody explain me how actually the GDB executes the program on the target processor??
Which  available port is a good example to follow??

Any help is appreciated.
thanks in advance
Deepak

http://bol.rediff.com