Running Helloworld on PSIM

Hi,
I have been trying to compile a helloworld program under Power PC (Mac
G4) Linux 7.0 by gcc-2.95.3.

The c file is as follows
[ppc]$ cat helloworld.c
main()
{printf("Hello world\n");
 return 0;
}

Here is the command line I used to compile helloworld.c

[ppc]$ gcc -static -g helloworld.c

and then run it on PSIM

[ppc]$ ./psim a.out
do_call() unimplemented call getlogin

Or

[ppc]$ ./psim -e linux -E big a.out
: error in loading shared libraries: cannot create capability list:
Cannot alloc
ate memory

I got the psim from the most up to date gdb+dejagnu-20010403.tar.bz2
I can run those programs from psim-test-1998-11-20.tar.gz correctly
without any parameters for psim.
As to the error message while running helloworld on PSIM, I guess it is
either the parameter I used to compile helloworld is missing something
or the parameter I used for psim is not quite right, or neither of them
are correct.

Also, from "./psim -H" I get
        -e <os-emul>    specify an OS or platform to model
                        Can be any of the following:
                        bug - OEA + MOTO BUG ROM calls
                        netbsd - UEA + NetBSD system calls
                        solaris - UEA + Solaris system calls
                        linux - UEA + Linux system calls

Then when I use -e linux it should be uea. But when I check the program,
it sets the enviroment to vea at "emul_unix.c" line 968 of 2812
I don't know if it can cause any problem. Or the psim -H is wrong.

Thanks,
--
Long(Xianglong Huang)
Computer Science Dept.