Re: C++ FAIL counts and the effect of demangler fix

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> 	o	I don't want GDB's release schedule in
> 		someway directly tided to GCC's release
> 		schedule.

I think that is unavoidable, given that Gcc 3 has a new and
incompatible C++ ABI.  It is Bad if the current release of Gdb cannot
debug code produced from the current release of Gcc.  Therefore, Gdb
5.1 should be released before or at the same time as Gcc 3.0 is
released, and it needs to have at least tolerable support for the new
C++ ABI.

Otherwise, we may have to live with the situation (and I don't
actually know what the situation is), but make no mistake: This is
a critical issue for many people, Red Hat included.  (OS distributors
may have a hard time switching to Gcc 3.0 if there are critical Gdb
regressions.)
--
	--Per Bothner