Re: [MAINT/RFC] Start devolving maintenance responsibility

> Individuals who make changes to the debugger need approval from all
> relevant domain maintainers before those changed can be checked in.

Are you saying that making a change across a large number of files
requires a dozen or so people to sign off on it?  While I (probably)
don't have a problem with that when something substantive and
pervasive is being redesigned, it seems like it would be a mistake to
take that attitude with respect to stylistic changes and cleaning up
lint and the like.  And I'm thinking that people with blanket write
privs should be capable of figuring out which is which (or else they
wouldn't have blanket write privs).

I guess part of what I'm getting at is that I don't want to go down
the dead end we did with CVS, in which we (well, I, although I had at
least the acquiescence of others) tried to write up a lot of formal
policies and procedures and such.  Instead, the key is a set of
maintainers who respect each other's expertise and willingness to work
together.  Some basic level of rules/guidelines is helpful, but I
wonder whether concepts and words like "devolve", "maintenance
domain", and "responsibility" are going too far.

Or (to ask another way), what is the problem with the status quo?  If
it is that the paragraph about first and second maintainers goes too
far in telling first maintainers how to relate to their second
maintainers, let's fuzz it up rather than trying to spell things out
more.