Re: problems with gdb

   Sender: blizzard@redhat.com
   Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:53:36 -0500
   From: Chris Blizzard <blizzard@redhat.com>

   Mark Kettenis wrote:

   > I cannot reproduce this (in both cases).  This might be caused by the
   > fact that I am running a glibc-2.1.3 snapshot (which includes the
   > libthread_db.so.1 debugging library).  Or my machine isn't fast enough
   > to show the problem :-(.

   When you say "in both cases" do you mean with and without the patch?  I have
   that on my system, too.  Is there anything special I have to do to use it?

Sorry, by both cases I mean that both your test case and the test case
that Jim reported back in october.  But without Tom's patch.  Maybe I
should try it with Tom's patch.  The fact that the SIGTRAP problem
isn't exactly reproducable indicates that it might be a race condition
of some sort.  Speeding up symbol lookup might have an influence on
it.

As for the libthread_db support.  Any GDB based on a snapshot made in
2000 should automagically use it (but dpending on the glibc version,
your GDB will crash on debugging multithreaded programs if you don't
apply the right patches).  To be sure, debug GDB unser GDB and see if
it has loaded libthread_db.so.1.

Mark