Re: GDB configure problem in the new repository...

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> > The only problem with all this is that it is putting real pressure on
> > gdb/configure.in and gdb/Makefile.in (to be honest it's a bit of a
> > mess).
>
> Yeah, Someone (you know, Someone, that mythical volunteer) needs to
> come up with some kind of module system (like Apache or the linux
> kernel, probably, in that modules can either be linked in at run time
> or build time).  There would be a variety of ways to set this up (some
> simpler than others) but it should be obvious that we need a general
> mechanism rather than the current ad hoc Insight and TUI bits in
> gdb/configure.in and gdb/Makefile.in.

FYI, MI (ignoring configure) does do things vaguely right.  It makes its
presence felt during startup.

As for something better.  As I mentioned before, GCC's mechanism is
fairly simple.  It, in effect, just appends a few extras to the make
file.

	enjoy,
		Andrew