Re: How to adequately test 'sim' changes?

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com> writes:
> The key is to get dejagnu to identify the correct target for the tests.
> Look for the most appropriate "*-sim.exp" in $srcdir/dejagnu/baseboards,
> then run tests thusly:
>
> 	cd $build/gdb
> 	make check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=foo-sim"

ahh!

(I don't think i'll end up with dejagnu in my source tree, since i've
already got a recent version installed, but I get the point.)

> : Also, should i be building everything from a single tree, from a
> : single tree for binutils + debugger & separate tree for gcc, or is all
> : independent trees OK?  [...]
>
> Separately installed tools are probably fine.  In a standard Cygnus toolchain
> build tree, all the various programs (gcc, binutils, etc.) are built together
> as siblings.  Perhaps such a combined source tree will exist in the public
> GNU repositories too before long.

Yeah.

I'm thinking that i'll check out a tree from the src anoncvs
repos. with gdb, binutils, newlib, and libgloss, and then a separate
tree from the gcc anoncvs repos. with just gcc.

If that doesn't work right, i'll combine them.

thanks for your help.

chris