Stuff which I think which still needs to be dealt with in multiarch

Hi,

We are planning a 64 bit port at the moment & we are planning to be able to
run 31 bit s390
programs on linux with the current unmodified 31 bit libc etc.
This means that the current 31 bit gdb will be able to run & debug 31 bit
programs unmodified
which is the way it should be, I personally can't see how multiarch is
supposed to work for sparc & sparc 64.

The definitions of what gdb describes as target, host & native now is
pretty ambiguous.

1) The ptrace offsets for programs running in 31 bit mode should stay the
same.
However the REGISTER_U_ADDR macro is not target dependent.

2) The core dump format for 31 bit programs should stay the same.
This means supply_gregset & supply_fpregset & related macros must be made
in someway target dependent also
& dependancies on glibc may need to be removed.

3) Possibly some watchpoint definitions have to be modified ( I don't know
).

D.J. Barrow Linux for S/390 kernel developer
eMail: djbarrow@de.ibm.com,barrow_dj@yahoo.com
Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-2583
IBM Germany Lab, Sch

önaicherstr. 220, 71032 Böblingen