Re: i386-stub and download-write-size

>>>>> "Wolfram" == Wolfram Faul <Wolfram.Faul@eikon.tum.de> writes:
Wolfram> i am using i386-stub. To decrease the protocoll overhead I
Wolfram> want to send as big as possible packets to gdb-stub.

Wolfram> I do
Wolfram> (gdb)set download-write-size 400
Wolfram> or something like that. The buffer in gdb-stub is big enough
Wolfram> for more.  But the biggest packet gdb sends ist 103
Wolfram> bytes. Why? Is there a #define in target remote to limit this
Wolfram> value?

What operations are you doing?

The problem may be that the high layers of gdb are sending small write
requests to the target layer, and remote.c is sending all the data it
has to send at the time.

I haven't spent much time looking at write performance, because in my
experience I do a lot more reading than writing.  But if you can out-
line what kind of operations you're doing, I'll do my best to investigate.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks