Re: [Fwd: Insight freezes when trying to debug Mozilla]

   Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:07:01 -0700
   From: bstell@netscape.com (Brian Stell)

   I'm trying to debug Mozilla using Insight.

   When I run mozilla with the debug option the insight debugger comes
   up and lets me start mozilla. I click the run button and it starts
   and then does a break at main. When I press continue mozilla comes
   up but insight never responds again (not screen refresh or button
   response.

   It seems that gdb is sleeping in sigsuspend.

   It appears that gdbtk-hooks.c:693 the code
       turns on a timer
       waits for the timer or a child thread to signal
       turn off the time

>From looking at the code it seems that this timer isn't actually set.  I
changed the name of the new threads target, which means that it isn't
recognized by gdbtk.c:target_is_native() anymore, and Insight thinks
that it doesn't need the timer.  Try adding "multi-thread" to the list
of native targets in gdbtk.c:target_is_native().  I'm pretty sure
that'll work.

Mark