Re: rs6000-tdep - Further Developments

I updated my tree, after Nick commited his patch. Some Problems went
away, and some remained. By Hacking in the files I was able to get a
compile, but im suspicious about it's operation. Details follow:

dink32-rom.c did not compile. (I had to remove NUM_REGS from the
definition of dink32_regnames)
ppc-bdm.c did not compile. (MQ_REGNUM was not defined, I just deleted
any reference to it as I don't use this target.)

After this, I was able to get a clean build and install.

After installings, I tried to run it.

It starts up, I type:
target remote localhost:2345

to connect to a stub driver program i wrote that is listening on port
2345 i get the response:
localhost:2345: Success.

If my stub driver program is not running i get:
localhost:2345: No such file or directory.

All of this looks fine, except:
1. My driver program has not actually been connected to, it is still
listening on port 2345 for a connection. (This program works with
earlier versions of GDB fine.)
2. All operations, like trying to read memory, fail, for example:
   (gdb) x 0
   0x0:    Cannot access memory at address 0x0.

I can also tell that no operations have been attempted on my stub driver
program (not surprising since it has not been connected to.)

So while the build has progressed, GDB in CVS is stil profoundly broken
for powerpc eabi. (as far as I have been able to determine).

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong i'd love
to know.

Steven Johnson