Re: non-blocking reads/writes and event loops

On 19-Jun-2000, Chris Faylor wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 03:01:08PM +1000, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>>Consider a GDBng (GDB 6) that is trying to talk to two (or more) active
>>remote targets.

>I was thinking more of a process hive which communicated via shared
>memory.

Or via a pipe or socket, the point (for me) being that multiple processes
-- one per target plus one for the user interface -- give us all the
non-blocking parallelism we need.

At least, I haven't yet come up with a scenario where that's not the case;
has anyone else?

>As far as NFS is concerned, I think that Nick was talking about the
>noticeable lags that can occur when loading something like a core file
>over NFS.

Right.  Isn't getting rid of temporary GUI freezes one of the whole points
of event-loopification?

Nick