RE: Suggested (easier) fix to ... RE: Regressions problem (200 failures)

I can't answer why any better than the author of the change
that started all this ;-) .

> 2000-02-17  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>
>
>       * function.c (thread_prologue_and_epilogue_insns): Put a line note
>       after the prologue.

My suspicion is that there were situations where the "first statement"
breakpoint wasn't happening correctly, but I don't know details beyond
this.

Agreed, it only affects a subset of all gcc/gdb implementations, which
clearly
explains why everyone wasn't seeing it.

Donn