Re: set filename to null string?

Grant Edwards wrote:

> How do you set a filename to the null string?
>
> for example:
>
>   (gdb) show remotelogfile
>   Filename for remote session recording is "".
>   (gdb) set remotelogfile asdf
>   (gdb) show remotelogfile
>   Filename for remote session recording is "asdf".
>
> How do you set it back to ""?
>
> I'm working on a configurable remote log capability for the RDI
> target, and I can't figure out how to set my log file name back to
> NULL (either NULL or "" would be fine).

Er, cute :-) Looking at the code, it would appear that that isn't
possible :-(.
Would a separate ``set serial log {enable,disable}'' be better?

BTW, the existing mechanism has other problems.  If there are two
streams active they both get logged when most likely you didn't want
that.  (The trace mechanism is similar).

Feel free to work on this.

	Andrew