Re: Unifying the x86 FPU register sets

> If GDB can easily handle 48 bit registers, I'd prefer just having $fip
> and $fop.

``Easily handle'' in what way?  You can have a variable that holds 48
bits if the host supports more than 32 bits (usually, a long long).
But if you want to use it to poke around the address, using 48-bit far
pointer is going to be a system-dependent mess in many environments,
because of the different ways they implement memory protection (and
leave back doors for breaching it ;-).

> I do have problems with $fcseg and $fcoff, since
> there is nothing that describes the FPU Instruction Pointer as the FPU
> Code Pointer.

Will $fiseg and $fioff be okay, then?