Debugging Windows Namespace extension dll

I am in the middle of writing a windows namespace extension implemented as
an in process server dll. I have got the basic structure complete and it
builds fine with gcc, but I can not get it to debug with gdb.

I am trying:

exec-file /windows/explorer.exe

source-file MyDll.dll

set args /root, {My CLSID},

There appears to be 2 problems. I get an access violation when the dll is
read, eith as the initial symbol file, or when it is loaded by explorer
when the programme is run. The other is that I am unable to set any
breakpoints. If I type

break DllMain

the reply is

Cannot access memory at 0x....

However if I run, everything is fine up to the GPF which I am trying to debug!

Any suggestions? If I can't get it to debug through gdb, I will have to
resort to one of Mr Gate's overpriced products which will be very painful!

Thanks for your help

Mark Hindley