Re: Recent Linux related changes to gdb...

> I have reverted the linux-specific changes for printing out registers
> and the state of the FPU.
>
> We would very much like to restore this lost functionality by unifying
> FP support for the various i386 implementations.  I know that a number
> of you were active in discussions regarding FP support unification
> earlier this summer.  If you have patches, send them our way!  :)
>
> Those of you watching the number of test suite failures on Linux will
> notice that there is now one more failure than before (info float).

If you take a look at my patch for gdb 4.17.0.13, you will find out

1. The x86 FPU support is written for both Linux and none-Linux OSes.
2. It supports Linuxthreads on x86, alpha and ppc. It is not hard to
add for other archs. Since I only had access to x86, alpha and ppc
at the time, they were the only ones enabled.

The gdb in cvs doesn't have any of those. I will see what I can do.
It is kind of mess.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)