Re: IA32: printing FP register variables

  In message <19990712191723.E3871@rjlhome.sco.com>you write:
  > >   > Hmm.  What other IA32 compilers produce STABS?  How do they number FP
  > >   > registers?
  > > Dunno.  Robert -- can you see what the SCO compilers do with this stuff?
  > > That might be interesting.
  >
  > I know of zero SCO-supplied compilers that produce stabs.  There are
  > tools that do COFF (a.k.a. SDB) and tools that do ELF (dwarf-1 and
  > dwarf-2).  Is the really stab-specific, or do you want to know in
  > general how they're numbered in whatever format is used?
The general case would be good to know as a starting point.  Particularly
what gets inencoded into the register # field in the dwarf records.

  > Since I speak no debugging formats and I speak zero floating point I'll
  > have to dig for an answer.   If, OTOH, there's some program I can build
  > that'll help answer the question, shoot it my way.
Not really.  I suspect you could probably take just about anything with a few
FP ops from the gcc testsuite as a sample program.

jeff