Re: Library interface to GDB

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> writes:

I don't know the answers to your gdb questions.

Martin> Basically I want to write a GNOME frontend for gdb, but not
Martin> just "yet another gdb frontend", but *the* gdb
Martin> frontend. Ideally it should export all its functionallity
Martin> through CORBA so you can also use it in other projects like
Martin> GNU Emacs, KDE or whatever.

Are you familiar with dryad?
The author is working on a library that can be used to communicate
with gdb.  He is also writing a CORBA interface to gdb.

I think it would make sense for these parts to be separate from the
actual GUI.  That way if you don't like his GUI for some reason you
can implement your own -- but without reinventing the useful
GUI-independent pieces.

dryad is in the Gnome CVS repository.

Tom