Re: native gdb+simulator

Daniel Drotos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to include a simultor if gdb is configured for the
> host's target?

Yes.

> I mean, for example I config and compile on elf32-i386 (e.g. linux)
> and I'd like to use this bfd target to read in the file to be
> debugged, but use a (own written) simulator to actually execute the
> code.

Yes.

> Is it possible to hack feature like this into the gdb without
> introducing a new bfd target?

Yes.

If there is a simulator in the .../sim directory and GDB knows about it
(see gdb/config/*/*.mt) it will be linked in.  The file
include/remote-sim.h specifies the interface and the various sim
sub-directories contain examples.

Should I infer that there could be a GPL'd i386 simulator in the making?

	Andrew