This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[binutils-gdb] Testsuite: Ensure stack protection is off for GCC
- From: sergiodj+buildbot at sergiodj dot net
- To: gdb-testers at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 06:00:11 -0500
- Subject: [binutils-gdb] Testsuite: Ensure stack protection is off for GCC
*** TEST RESULTS FOR COMMIT fc65c7dbe0607dfb1fc3d1019c46df73854cc896 ***
Author: Alan Hayward <email@example.com>
Testsuite: Ensure stack protection is off for GCC
Using -fstack-protector-strong will cause GDB to break on the wrong line
when placing a breakpoint on a function. This is due to inadequate dwarf
line numbering, and is being tracked by the GCC bug
GCC (and Clang) provided by Debian/Ubuntu default to stack protector
Ensure that when running the GDB testsuite, stack protector is always
turned off for GCC 4.1.0 (when stack protector was added) and above.
Ensure that this does not cause infinite recursion due to
test_compiler_info having to compile a file itself.
Add a test to explicitly test breakpoints with various levels of stack
protection on both GCC and Clang, with xfail for the known errors.
Restore change in ovldbreak.exp which worked around the issue.
2019-01-18 Alan Hayward <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gdb.base/stack-protector.c: New test.
* gdb.base/stack-protector.exp: New file.
* gdb.cp/ovldbreak.exp: Only allow a single break line.
* lib/gdb.exp (get_compiler_info): Use getting_compiler_info
(gdb_compile): Remove stack protector for GCC and prevent
- Failures on RHEL-s390x-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-i686, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-cc-with-index, branch master
- Failures on Debian-s390x-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-extended-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-extended-gdbserver-m32, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-m32, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-gdbserver-m32, branch master