This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[binutils-gdb] gdb: Avoid signed integer overflow when printing source lines
- From: sergiodj+buildbot at sergiodj dot net
- To: gdb-testers at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 10:58:55 -0500
- Subject: [binutils-gdb] gdb: Avoid signed integer overflow when printing source lines
*** TEST RESULTS FOR COMMIT 0e2a21335b6fc4a5b6bed19d9623916c52918b72 ***
Author: Andrew Burgess <email@example.com>
gdb: Avoid signed integer overflow when printing source lines
When printing source lines with calls to print_source_lines we need to
pass a start line number and an end line number. The end line number
is calculated by calling get_lines_to_list and adding this value to
the start line number. For example this code from list_command:
print_source_lines (cursal.symtab, first,
first + get_lines_to_list (), 0);
The problem is that get_lines_to_list returns a value based on the
GDB setting `set listsize LISTSIZE`. By default LISTSIZE is 10,
however, its also possible to set LISTSIZE to unlimited, in which
case get_lines_to_list will return INT_MAX.
As the parameter signature for print_source_lines is:
void print_source_lines (struct symtab *, int, int,
and `first` in the above code is an `int`, then when LISTSIZE is
`unlimited` the above code will result in signed integer overflow,
which is undefined.
The solution in this patch is a new class source_lines_range that can
be constructed from a single line number and a direction (forward or
backward). The range is then constructed from the line number and the
value of get_lines_to_list.
* cli/cli-cmds.c (list_command): Pass a source_lines_range to
* source.c (print_source_lines_base): Update line number check.
(print_source_lines): New function.
(source_lines_range::source_lines_range): New function.
* source.h (class source_lines_range): New class.
(print_source_lines): New declaration.
- Failures on Fedora-i686, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-cc-with-index, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-extended-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-m64, branch master
- Failures on Debian-s390x-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-extended-gdbserver-m32, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-m32, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-gdbserver-m32, branch master
- Failures on Ubuntu-Aarch64-native-extended-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Ubuntu-Aarch64-native-gdbserver-m64, branch master