This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[binutils-gdb] Fix leak in linespec.c
- From: sergiodj+buildbot at sergiodj dot net
- To: gdb-testers at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 23:58:59 -0500
- Subject: [binutils-gdb] Fix leak in linespec.c
*** TEST RESULTS FOR COMMIT 1055a3b422da11b252fc83e73a5e9f465233e73d ***
Author: Philippe Waroquiers <email@example.com>
Fix leak in linespec.c
Valgrind reports a leak in many tests, such as:
==9382== 16 bytes in 1 blocks are definitely lost in loss record 236 of 3,282
==9382== at 0x4C2BE6D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:309)
==9382== by 0x4197AF: xrealloc (common-utils.c:64)
==9382== by 0x51D16A: xresizevec<linespec_canonical_name> (poison.h:170)
==9382== by 0x51D16A: add_sal_to_sals(linespec_state*, std::vector<symtab_and_line, std::allocator<symtab_and_line> >*, symtab_and_line*, char const*, int) (linespec.c:1041)
==9382== by 0x51E2BF: create_sals_line_offset (linespec.c:2215)
==9382== by 0x51E2BF: convert_linespec_to_sals(linespec_state*, linespec*) (linespec.c:2358)
==9382== by 0x521B5D: convert_explicit_location_to_sals (linespec.c:2473)
Fix leak by xfree-ing self->canonical_names in linespec_state_destructor.
The leak probably appeared with the patch 'Remove cleanup from linespec.c',
as there was a cleanup to xfree canonical_names before the patch.
Tested on Debian/amd64, native and under valgrind.
2019-01-09 Philippe Waroquiers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* linespec.c (linespec_state_destructor): Free self->canonical_names.
- Failures on Fedora-i686, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-cc-with-index, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-extended-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Debian-s390x-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-extended-gdbserver-m32, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-m64, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-m32, branch master
- Failures on Fedora-x86_64-native-gdbserver-m32, branch master
- Failures on Ubuntu-Aarch64-native-extended-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Ubuntu-Aarch64-native-gdbserver-m64, branch master
- Failures on Ubuntu-Aarch64-m64, branch master