corefiles/2343: signal from core file misinterpreted

>Number:         2343
>Category:       corefiles
>Synopsis:       signal from core file misinterpreted
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Oct 18 20:08:01 UTC 2007
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     aristovski@qnx.com
>Release:        6.x
For the purpose of desription, I will use two names for two unix-like OS-s:
Target OS = tos
Host OS = hos

-Core file was generated on tos
-gdb is running on hos
-tos and hos define their signums differently: tos defines SIGBUS as 10 while hos defines SIGUSR1 as 10. The executable was signalled SIGBUS.

When using gdb on the core file, the reported signal is SIGUSR1 while it should be SIGBUS.
>How-To-Repeat:
see Description
>Fix:
Starting point:
In corelow.c, we call target_signal_from_host. This function (and target_signal_to_host) should probably be added to target_ops structure to let targets define their on mapping. Then, in corelow.c we would call core_ops.to_target_signal_from_host ...