Re: c++/573: cannot find nested classes with g++ 3.x

Synopsis: cannot find nested classes with g++ 3.x

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: drow
State-Changed-When: Wed Nov 15 05:07:27 2006
State-Changed-Why:
    Thanks for the report, and sorry for the long lack of response.

    In GDB 6.4, I get a warning that we can not find the typeinfo symbol, but the correct result is printed.  Therefore I believe this is fixed.

    Moreover, the warning only occurs when using stabs.  GCC 3.0 and in some cases 3.1 defaulted to stabs on GNU/Linux, but our focus for C++ support is now on DWARF-2, which has been the default for several years on most platforms.  I can't easily investigate why the warning occurs for stabs because my development system is 64-bit; neither 32-bit nor 64-bit stabs can be debugged usefully by a 64-bit debugger.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=573