Re: gdb/2171: No backtrace generated on amd64

The following reply was made to PR gdb/2171; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joe Hansche" <madcoder@gmail.com>
To: "Daniel Jacobowitz" <drow@false.org>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/2171: No backtrace generated on amd64
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:21:40 -0600

 I've upgraded to kernel version 2.6.17, with the same results (after
 recompiling both gdb and php).  I tried looking through the kernel
 .config to see what might cause something like this.  The only thing I
 ended up changing, aside from the defaults in the new kernel, was
 changing the memory model from Discontiguous to Sparse.

 Any more ideas?  Or since you are saying it looks like a kernel
 problem, where should I look for more information on this?

 Thanks again,
 Joe