Re: corefiles/2121: gdb crashes sometimes on huge segment mappings

The following reply was made to PR corefiles/2121; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: Lynn Kerby <lfk@kerbit.net>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: corefiles/2121: gdb crashes sometimes on huge segment mappings
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 18:12:32 -0400

 On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 02:26:20PM -0700, Lynn Kerby wrote:
 > Sorry, I did leave out one step - attempt to generate a core via the
 > gcore command.  It really isn't terribly difficult to reproduce.

 Thank you.  I would assume that that was the problem.  Gcore just needs
 to be modified to process less than 2GB at a time.  There's very little
 else in GDB that reads the entire contents of a section at once (except
 for debug info processing, but >2GB debug info is an entirely different
 problem).

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz
 CodeSourcery