Re: remote/1832: spaces in directory names

The following reply was made to PR remote/1832; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Snyder <msnyder@redhat.com>
To: Brendan Kehoe <brendan@zen.org>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, nobody@sources.redhat.com,
        harada@esd.spr.epson.co.jp, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com,
        gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: remote/1832: spaces in directory names
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:55:15 -0800

 Brendan Kehoe wrote:

 >   - I'm curious about the mystical second argument to the LOAD command
 > in GDB; it's only mentioned in the docs related to the Sparlet, and even
 > then only in passing.

 It's ancient, and mostly not used any more.
 One place that does still use it is monitor.c::monitor_load (q.v.)

 The second argument was a base address or offset where
 you wanted the load to be relocated.  This was basically
 a hold-over from the days of a.out (in which the sections
 were assumed to start at zero).

 There was once a GNU extension called b.out, which was
 a.out plus a section load offset.

 Everything since coff has allowed an individual offset
 per section to be specified.