Re: gdb/1945: BFD: bfd_cache_lookup_worker GNU/Linux GCC C++

The following reply was made to PR gdb/1945; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Philipp_K=E4ser?= <kaeser@gubbe.ch>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/1945: BFD: bfd_cache_lookup_worker GNU/Linux GCC C++
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:30:26 +0100

 I just had a similar bug report from gdb, under following circumstances:

 1. had a program loaded and stopped at a breakpoint
 2. then, externally modified and tried to recompile the program
     this failed and actually removed the binary (which I did not notice)
 3. then tried to re-run the program in debugger (which would usually
     reload the binary -- if it was present)
 4. got the same error message

 bye,
 Philipp Käser

 ------ output ------
 Breakpoint 3, cfg_container_add_numbered (container=0x524a50, index=-1,
 item=0x524ad0) at container.c:2317
 warning: Source file is more recent than executable.

 2317
 cfg_item_print(cfg_container_get_type_template(container), stdout,
 CFG_FORMAT_BODY, 0);
 (gdb) n
 2345            }
 (gdb)
 2347
 (gdb) run
 The program being debugged has been started already.
 Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
 BFD: BFD 2.15.93 20041018 internal error, aborting at cache.c line 495
 in bfd_cache_lookup_worker

 BFD: Please report this bug.