Re: breakpoints/1321: GDB: problem with FPU

The following reply was made to PR breakpoints/1321; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis@chello.nl>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, miwako.tokugawa@intel.com, sana@stl.sarov.ru
Subject: Re: breakpoints/1321: GDB: problem with FPU
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:35:04 +0100 (CET)

 I'm fairly certain this problem is related to the lack of support for
 FXSAVE/SSE in libthread_db on Linux.  As a result the SSE and FPU
 registers don't get passed along correctly between the different
 layers when debugging threaded programs.  Consequently you're looking
 at stale FPU registers or FPU registers from a different thread.  The
 problem will probably go away when debugging on an older machine that
 doesn't have the SSE registers.

 We can't fix this until someone adds the necessary bits to
 libthread_db, which can be found in glibc.

 Mark