Re: java/1039: regression: cannot set breakpoint on jmisc.main(java.lang.String[])

The following reply was made to PR java/1039; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Carlton <carlton at math dot stanford dot edu>
To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Cc: GNATS Filer <gdb-gnats at sources dot redhat dot com>
Subject: Re: java/1039: regression: cannot set breakpoint on jmisc.main(java.lang.String[])
Date: 28 Feb 2003 16:39:00 -0800

 On 1 Mar 2003 00:08:00 -0000, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com> said:

 >  Setting a breakpoint on a class' main hasn't worked for me for a long
 >  time.  Naturally, I'm always using a fairly recent gcj.

 How annoying.  I'm planning to upgrade my home system to Red Hat 8.0
 the weekend after this one; presumably that will come with a gcj that
 is new enough to trigger that bug.

 And, who knows, maybe the patch that I sent out will actually work,
 and even fix both situations!  It would be amusing if I could continue
 to inadvertently fix Java bugs via fixes that I uncover for completely
 different reasons...

 David Carlton
 carlton at math dot stanford dot edu