This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix buffer overflow in ada-lang.c:move_bits
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 16:11:31 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix buffer overflow in ada-lang.c:move_bits
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20181101153517.GA2705@adacore.com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
Joel> I tested your change through our testsuite on the various baremetal
Joel> targets we have, and noticed that it causes regressions on ppc and arm
Joel> targets. It's hopefully something small, but just being back from
Joel> a holiday, I'm a bit tied up at work; I'll put that issue on my TODO
Joel> list to look at further.
Thanks. To reproduce the problem I saw, just rebuild with
-fsanitize=address and run the gdb.ada tests. I don't recall exactly
which ones failed, but you should definitely see a read off the end of
the source buffer.