This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 5/5] Add support for Intel PKRU register to GDB and GDBserver.
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "Sturm, Michael" <michael dot sturm at intel dot com>, mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl, eliz at gnu dot org
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:22:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/5] Add support for Intel PKRU register to GDB and GDBserver.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <588B607A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 01/27/2017 03:00 PM, Sturm, Michael wrote:
>> In the test:
>>> +#include <stdio.h>
>> This is not needed, right?
> It's needed to pull in the definition for NULL which is used in the call
> to __get_cpuid_
Ah. Could you include stddef.h instead? We avoid using stdio in tests
unless required for the specifics of the test, in order to be able to run
as most tests as possible against remote targets that don't support
remote I/O (which are most, though the local gdbserver testing boards nowadays
work around it). Just #including <stdio.h> without relying on printf etc. itself
is probably not really problematic anywhere, but it's a good proxy
for identifying tests that wouldn't/shouldn't work in such targets.