This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Patch 1 of 2 for aarch64 ILP32 support in gdb
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at caviumnetworks dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:44:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Patch 1 of 2 for aarch64 ILP32 support in gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Steve dot Ellcey at cavium dot com;
- References: <email@example.com> <20170125153657.GV28060@E107787-LIN>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On Wed, 2017-01-25 at 15:36 +0000, Yao Qi wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> GDB uses this function to check if selected arch is compatible with
> the target arch. If I load an ilp32 binary in aarch64 gdb, and
> to gdbserver, I'll get a warning as below,
> IMO, the warning above is useful, since aarch64:ilp32 is not
> in gdb, can we commit this patch after ilp32 is supported in GDB (if
> this patch only affects GDB).
I submitted the GDB support for ilp32 as patch 2 of 2 to binutils
and gdb-patches so I can wait a little while and see if someone
approves that patch before checking this part in.