This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Handle loading improper core files gracefully in the mips backend.
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:56:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Handle loading improper core files gracefully in the mips backend.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <5693CE90.email@example.com> <5694F5BC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <5694FEB8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <56951F29.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 01/09/2017 07:56 PM, Luis Machado wrote:
> Reading the thread once again, is my understanding correct that the
> first patch is more suitable now? Possibly with some cleanups?
I think a summary of the discussion would help.
I think it'd be very interesting to come up with a combination
of "set mips abi n64/o64" etc, and maybe "set gnutarget" that
exposes the problem. I've since added the
bit gdb.base/all-architectures*.exp testcase, and that does
try all sorts of combinations, including mips ones, but it
evidently isn't catching this for some reason.