This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] btrace: allow recording to be started for running threads
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>, Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:15:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] btrace: allow recording to be started for running threads
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B2340016F40@IRSMSX104.ger.corp.intel.com>
On 12/09/2016 12:21 PM, Metzger, Markus T wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure about using gdb_test on the first part, either. If we got the
> stopped notification fast enough, I'm not sure whether the "...$gdb_prompt $"
> pattern in gdb_test would still match. According to my understanding of how
> dejagnu works the test may fail sporadically since there is already more input
> available after the prompt and the "... $" wouldn't match.
You are correct.
(Haven't looked at the test at all, but in general.)