This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[ping][PATCH] Big-endian targets: don't ignore offset into DW_OP_implicit_value
- From: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:02:07 +0100
- Subject: [ping][PATCH] Big-endian targets: don't ignore offset into DW_OP_implicit_value
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> This patch basically reverts the portion of the patch above that deals
> with DW_OP_implicit_value. This fixes the offset handling and also
> goes back to dropping the last instead of the first bytes on
> big-endian targets if the implicit value is longer than needed. The
> latter aspect of the change probably doesn't matter for actual
> programs, but simplifies the logic.
> The patch also cleans up the original code a bit and adds appropriate
> test cases.
Is this OK?
See also the statement from Jan Kratochvil for his agreement with
reverting his patch from 2011: