This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ 21005] Add support for Intel 64 rdrand and rdseed record/replay
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:30:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ 21005] Add support for Intel 64 rdrand and rdseed record/replay
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <20170113121620.GA28060@E107787-LIN>
- Reply-to: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
On 01/13/2017 06:16 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
On 17-01-13 02:58:11, Luis Machado wrote:
I tested this by hand with quite a few lines of inline asm. I thought we
had arch-specific tests in testsuite/, but it looks like we don't exercise
every little instruction with record/replay, so no testcase. Let me know
if one is required.
gdb.reverse/insn-reverse.exp is intended to exercise each instruction with
record/replay. You can add the instructions in gdb.reverse/insn-reverse.c.
I've sent an RFC for gdb.reverse/insn-reverse.c. Meanwhile i've fixed a
gotcha with this patch and have a working testcase, pending the
approval/disapproval of the RFC.