This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb-7.12.1 update (2017-01-16)
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Yao Qi <yao dot qi at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:34:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: gdb-7.12.1 update (2017-01-16)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 17-01-16 14:37:50, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> As far as I can tell, we have currently one PR left that's currently
> marked as blocking:
> Bug 20939 - GDB aborts if there is an error in disassembly
> AFAICT, Yao just sent a series of patches for master:
> However, the patch uses C++, and therefore isn't applicable on
> the branch as is. The fact that this is a 6-patch series (although
> some of it is refactoring) is also creating a little extra nervousness
> when so close to the .1.
> Before we consider the quicker/pure-C version, is this a regression
> compared to 7.11.x?
Yes, it is a regression compared with 7.11.1. I record this information
in bugzilla as well.
These 6 patches include refactor and test cases, so we don't need to
backport all of them to 7.12 branch. I'd like to give a different fix
for 7.12 branch. I'll post a fix tomorrow.