This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA 7/8] Use unique_xmalloc_ptr in execute_gdb_command
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 17:59:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFA 7/8] Use unique_xmalloc_ptr in execute_gdb_command
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/23/2016 08:00 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Pedro> In some other local patch that I hadn't posted, I handled a similar
> Pedro> situation of save/restoring some global that we don't want to expose
> Pedro> by making the "make_cleanup_..." function return a scoped_restore, which
> Pedro> avoids having to create a new class. It seems a bit simpler that
> Pedro> creating a class to me, and maybe a tiny bit more efficient code-space
> Pedro> wise (rtti?) Did you consider this approach?
> Tom> I didn't, but I like it, so I'll make this change.
> Here's the new version of this patch.