This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] candidates for ambiguous command in upper case
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jerome Guitton <guitton at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:07:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFA] candidates for ambiguous command in upper case
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 17-01-10 15:25:24, Jerome Guitton wrote:
> If you type an ambiguous command in lower case, gdb tells the command
> is ambiguous and tells you which one could match. If you type the same
> but in upper case, gdb also says it is ambiguous, but shows an empty
> list of commands:
> (gdb) ex
> Ambiguous command "ex": exec-file, expression.
> (gdb) EX
> Ambiguous command "EX": .
IMO, there is nothing wrong. There is no command starts from "EX".
In bash, I type "make" and tab, I get,
make makeglossaries makeindex makeinfo makejvf make-ssl-cert make_strings
If type "MAKE", and type, I get,