This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64 sim uzp1/uzp2 bug fix
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <jim dot wilson at linaro dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:19:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64 sim uzp1/uzp2 bug fix
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABXYE2VmhRWyaraxJngVqVX=BcvvR5eREU0VU1VSCDuz2q4s1A@mail.gmail.com>
> The uzp1/uzp2 implementation has a number of problems I had to
> rewrite it. It doesn't get the shifting/masking right. it gets
> input1 and input2 wrong. It checks one bit instead of two for the
> size field. It doesn't fail for the non-full size==3 (1d) case which
> should be an unallocated instruction.
I apologise - I must have been asleep when I wrote that code.
> The new testcase passes with the patch, and fails without. The GCC C
> testsuite failures go from 2269 to 2227 (-42).
Excellent - patch approved - please apply.