This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] contrib/gdb-add-index.sh: chmod u+w
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 20:33:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] contrib/gdb-add-index.sh: chmod u+w
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170106183710.GA2457@host1.jankratochvil.net>
On Fri, 06 Jan 2017 19:37:10 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> in Fedora 24 it still worked, in Fedora 25 it does not - *-debuginfo.rpm
> no longer have the .gdb_index accelerating section now.
> It happens because:
> objcopy: unable to copy file 'foo.debug'; reason: Permission denied
> *.debug files in Fedora were always 444 but the time gdb-add-index is run is
> still before the *.debug split and in Fedora 24 the files were -rwxr-xr-x
> that time while in Fedora 25 they are apparently no longer w.
The problem was in Fedora /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh script regression.
This GDB contrib/ patch is not required to make Fedora working.
Although I find it as a good improvement anyway so keeping it here submitted.