This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH V4 5/9] New probe type: DTrace USDT probes.
- From: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com (Jose E. Marchesi)
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 22:00:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH V4 5/9] New probe type: DTrace USDT probes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1422874968-382-1-git-send-email-jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com> <1422874968-382-6-git-send-email-jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com> <87r3tp722i dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20150325191418 dot GA32233 at adacore dot com> <87bnjfraq1 dot fsf at oracle dot com> <20150326175028 dot GA13867 at adacore dot com> <87y4mdjcie dot fsf at oracle dot com> <20150331184727 dot GF13867 at adacore dot com>
I've been able to reproduce the problem, but when I checked again
with a non-AdaCore debugger, the problem went away. I'm not really
sure whether this indicates whether this is an issue caused by
some of our local changes, or whether this is just a latent bug
that gets triggered by those local changes. Either way, it felt like
I would have no choice but to get more familiar with how those probes
work. The problem is that I'm short on time again. But, if you have
any kind of document describing how this data is laid out in the
binary, I'm very interested.
I don't know of any document describing the DOF layout. I would suggest
you to take a look to the script gdb/testsuite/lib/pdtrace.in. It
creates and populates DOF sections and it documents the structure of the
Feel free to send me any question you may have regarding DOF. I will
try to help even if I am not a DOF expert myself :)