This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/8] Add --with-system-zlib in bfd
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:15:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/8] Add --with-system-zlib in bfd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150326155711 dot GA10088 at gmail dot com> <20150331061337 dot GA30996 at vapier> <CAMe9rOpRauO-5fxuV5bZkUC0tMbbi0tCTCmGQ0GEe1NXEa1dYw at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A78D4 dot 7050804 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOomwTtSiSS1K1zQpGvpArqZLDfOyapDVvC=Yfy5m3zBEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A7CB1 dot 4060101 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOoBdTqGa-k9nX9ktW23h-jfA34Jx5D4wqnqO+eb4c8buA at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A8907 dot 6070309 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrnBFYcD_gmJ4EveCV57gfHFq=fEbfb0zYRQ6+NssrByQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/31/2015 01:01 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> > They're all the same. Just a couple doesn't define zlibdir or zlibinc.
> If zlib.m4 is changed, I will use it and GCC can also use it. But I
> don't know if other packages use zlib.m4.
Please change it. Packages not in the tree can replace zlib.m4 with
something else if they need it, or adjust to the new body, and thus
end up consistent with the rest of the toolchain.
"git blame" shows that zlib.m4 was invented exactly to make
sure bfd/gdb use the same zlib switches and checks: